For more information book a consultation today!
Athletic Performance Training
The first step of AthleteFit’s athletic performance training involves all participants undergoing an initial fitness assessment. This assessment will identify the athlete's physical strengths and weaknesses. Based on the results, a program will be designed to meet the needs and goals of the individual.
Training programs last for 12 weeks, and encompass programs for every sport including but not limited to, hockey, lacrosse, tennis, volleyball, soccer, baseball, basketball, football, and distance running.
Programs Designed to Enhance Athletic Performance
- Speed Development: What is one advantage that separates one athlete above the rest? Speed. The AthleteFit Speed Program is specifically designed to develop and enhance an athlete's speed to their maximum possible level. In the highly competitive world of sports, these seemingly tiny improvements can often mean the difference between winning and losing.
- Strength Acquisition: Strength Training programs are developed for each athlete based on age and an initial assessment.
- Plyometrics: Using the natural reflexes inherent to skeletal muscle to improve the strength of muscular contraction. Each muscle has reflexes designed to protect it from excessive stretch. When these receptors are stimulated, a “protective” contraction follows, enhancing the contraction. Plyometrics are introduced only when the athlete demonstrates readiness through strength levels, coordination and movement control.
- Agility: The ability to change direction without losing speed. AthleteFit instructs athletes on how to properly position the feet, how to decelerate, and how to efficiently change direction and to prevent knee and ankle injuries that are common to these types of sporting movements.
- Vertical Jump Training: When adequate strength is acquired, the next step is to train power. In this case how quick can you move your body in a vertical direction.
- Functional Training: Training based on the movements of the sport itself. Speed strength and agility are important, however developing it into how the athlete moves in sport is crucial.
Functional Rehabilitation/Return-to-Sport Program
Functional Progression Program picks up where traditional therapy ends. We are looking to return the injured client to full activity status in gradually increasing increments to enhance function and confidence. The program uses our Functional Training System, Proprioceptive and Agility drills, Treadmill and Strength Training to reach these goals. The key is to progress slowly as signs and symptoms dictate. The goal is to return the client to their preferred activity to as close to 100% as possible. Almost any age population can benefit from this activity with the appropriate modifications.
Our facility and expert staff allow us to customize a personal rehabilitation program that can be established and integrated into the Acceleration Program and allow the individual’s injury to be rehabilitated in the most effective and comprehensive manner available.
Individualized training programs designed to meet your fitness needs and goals. The first step of AthleteFit’s Personal Training Program involves all participants undergoing an initial fitness assessment. This assessment will identify the individual’s physical strengths and weaknesses, blood pressure, heart rate, girth measurements and body fat percentages to determine baselines values. These values are used to develop measurable goals. Having measurable goals will ensure that you stay on course with your training program.
Programs typically run from 3 months to 1 year with individuals training 2-4 times per week.
The human body was designed to work and move as an integrated unit - performing multi-directional movements such as pushing, pulling, locomotion, level changes, rotation or a combination thereof. Individuals will elicit higher levels of work capacity and performance if such movements are performed at high-intensity and on their feet!
The functional training system offers individuals unlimited exercises options that can mimic activities of daily living including: sport, recreation, work movements.
PhysioFit has 3, 6 and 12 month programs to help you transform your body and raise your fitness levels. The best part is that workouts are completed in less than half an hour! Exercises are designed to train your upper and lower body, your core and your cardiovascular system all in the same exercise session.
The FTS is designed to allow up to 12 participants at a time. The entire body is incorporated throughout the circuit and there is a large emphasis on functional movement patterns. The idea of moving from one exercise to the next without breaks trains the cardiovascular system, as the body will be moving continuously.
The difficulty of the exercises can be changed instantaneously by simply changing body positions.
The intensity of the program will be sufficient enough to raise individual’s EPOC. (Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption). What this translates into is increased metabolism (burning) of fat for the following 6-8 hours. All components of the machine have each individual working in 3-dimensional movement patterns which means the core muscles will receive a great deal of activation.
Each person performs 24 exercises in 24 minutes which means the program is concise and less time consuming.
Certain health problems of the pelvic region are often forgotten and silenced. Yet, it affects the quality of life of both men and women, as well as some children.